The Staten Island Children’s Museum offers exciting volunteer opportunities for teens, adults and groups as well as internship opportunities for enrolled students.
Volunteers at the Museum will
- Receive the experience of working in a Museum environment
- Develop life skills including leadership, responsibility, and communication
- Assist various Museum departments in fulfilling the mission of the institution
- Experience the self-fulfillment that comes from performing community service
- Accumulate community service hours
Applicants must be:
- At least 14 years of age
- Interested in working with children, the arts, sciences or cultural institutions
- Enrolled in the volunteer program by submitting a completed application
- Listed on the email registry to receive notifications of volunteer opportunities
How to Apply
- Submit a completed application Museum Volunteer Program Interest Form
- Include a completed Personal Reference form (completed by an adult other than a family member or friend who is familiar with the applicant)
- The Museum has a variety of volunteer opportunities available throughout the year
- Volunteers are needed to engage visitors in public programs, cofacilitate outreaches, help with special events, support camp groups and assist with office tasks
- Opportunities to volunteer are emailed to registered volunteers. Assignments are allocated to the first respondents to register for each volunteer opportunity
For more information, contact our Visitor Services Manager by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
External Affairs Internship
Got camera skills? Have a yen for well-ordered systems? Want to help promote creative opportunities for children to learn through play, exploration, and experimentation? You may want to work with us!
We are seeking an organized individual to serve as an External Affairs Intern in our exciting and fast-paced development department. Reporting to the Director of External Affairs, the EA Assistant will help cultivate donors and members through public relations and marketing outreach, research, data entry, and assisting in the execution of a variety of projects and events.
The ultimate purpose of the position is to help raise funds and visibility to support The Staten Island Children’s Museum’s unique educational exhibits and programs for children and families.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line: EA Internship Application.